This course builds on practices and methods used to achieve greater IT financial management maturity in:
- Total Cost of Ownership (TOC)
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Activity Based Costing (ABC)
- Technology and IT Service Cost Allocation
- IT Financial Budget Planning
- IT Chargeback/Showback
The course enable IT Executives, Managers, and Stakeholders to achieve greater levels of IT service and reduced or optimal cost. maturity in Financial Management, Business Relationship Management, Service Catalog Management, Service Level Management, and Demand Management as integral parts of the overall focus to meet line of business customer expectations at budgeted cost.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams.
- How to develop an effective IT financial management of technology and IT into “Business and Technical Services” for greater cost transparency and consciousness.
- How to map IT costs to business customer value, and enable them to better plan IT spending/funding.
- How a full IT cost model impacts the IT strategy, budget and forecast planning.
- Financial Management for IT services as a practice.
- Processes across the Financial Management life-cycle.
- IT Service Management documentation and prospective in business terms.
- Cost alignment and allocation of customers, business and technical viewpoints.
- Service Level Management that sets up Service Level Agreement (SLA) structures and ensures that all SLAs have underpinning support.
- Demand Management which identifies patterns that enable an optimized IT strategy to be
- Financial Management that ensures the understanding of service value and all financial
- Business and Technical Service Owners who have the responsibility to represent customers and ensure IT service meets expectations at a predetermined
- Development of a Catalog of IT Services and Full-Cost
The course is suitable for individuals who require a deep understanding of IT financial management practices and how they are used to enhance the delivery and cost of technology and IT services.
Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have IT and related work experience of at least four years.