Our Service Utilization Manager (SUM™) tool allows clients to quickly – typically within weeks – design an enterprise-wide framework of their IT Service Portfolio.
SUM™ enables IT organizations to quickly create and design a framework/architecture of their IT Service Portfolio that allows the organization to visualize and collaborate about how technology and IT services support business customers. SUM™ provides the capabilities to design a structured “value stream” of technology and IT services for each business customer. Thus, enabling you to easily communicate their business value to customers and stakeholders.
SUM™ is a cloud-based design solution for creating and managing technology and IT service relationships and dependencies. The valued outcome of the SUM™ design process is that it accurately details the “value stream” of technology and IT services per customer. This design can be used for the initial data necessary for an IT Service Catalog and/or Configuration Management Database (CMDB) implementation.
The IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Framework says:
“Service is a means of delivering value to customers by facilitating outcomes customers want to achieve without the ownership of specific costs and risks. Broadly speaking, services facilitate outcomes by enhancing the performance and by reducing the grip of constraints. While some services enhance performance of tasks, others have a more direct impact. They perform the task itself.”
“Over the years, organizations IT Infrastructures have grown and become increasingly more complex. Today’s result is, there may not be a clear picture of all the Services currently being provided and the Customers of each. In order to establish an accurate picture, it is recommended that an IT Service Catalog is produced.”
Faced with continued cost pressures, as well as growing business unit demand for new services and higher service levels, IT organizations are embarking on a fundamental transformation. CIOs and other IT executives must align their services with the needs of the business, improve internal customer satisfaction, and deploy standardized processes to achieve greater operational efficiency.
SUM™ enables IT leaders to drive down costs and achieve high levels of quality of service.
SUM™ provides the means to:
- Define effective IT service level agreement (SLA) dependencies.
- Manage technology that is mapped to customer demand.
- Communicate the value of technology in terms of business demand.
- Increase collaboration between the business and IT to optimize their use of technology.
- Achieve greater IT financial management and control.
- Accelerate the development of a custom technology and IT services taxonomy
- Map technology and IT services to business customer demand
- Define both customer facing and technology-based IT services
- Create metrics that make IT service use measurable
- Customer-facing visualization of technology and IT services
- Description of how technology and IT services are used
- List of the business customer and/or processes supported
- Technology and IT service demand model of expected business customer use